VU Fellowship Programme (VUFP)
The VU Fellowship Programme (VUFP) offers talented prospective international students the unique opportunity to pursue a Master’s degree Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam has committed to providing approximately 1 million euro towards attracting highly motivated and excellent students.Deadline: 1 February 2016
Who can apply:
- The VU Fellowship Programme (VUFP) is a Merit scholarship programme for strongly motivated students with excellent study results.
- Students with academic excellence who are admitted to an English taught Master’s degree at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
- Students following a one-year Master’s programme may not apply for the VUFP scholarship for a second year.
You should submit these 3 documents:
A. Proof of excellence/ GPA
Students who apply for a VU Fellowship Programme need to have a GPA of at least 80% of the highest possible mark (calculated over full previous degree). For example, if the highest possible mark is a 10, you need to have an average of at least an 8.
Excellence in previous education is proven if the grade point average achieved is at least the equivalent of the Dutch grade of an 8.0 on the Dutch grading scale 1 – 10. The VUFP Scholarship Committee will decide on the local grade equivalents for the Dutch grade of an 8.0 using the grade information included in the NUFFIC country modules.
B. Motivation Letter
We would like to know your motivation for the VU Fellowship Programme. Why do you think you deserve to receive a VUFP scholarship?
Topics that are reviewed in the motivation letter are the following:
• Why do you want to study this specific programme?
• What are your future perspectives?
• Why do you deserve the VUFP scholarship?
Do not hesitate to mention other motivations as well, we like own initiative!
C. Curriculum Vitae (CV)
We strongly recommend the use of the Europass format.