The 2016 G(irls)20 Summit in china.
About the summit:
The 2016 G(irls)20 Summit will be held in China next August. A delegate from each G20 country, as well as the African & European Union, Pakistan, Afghanistan & MENA region, will be selected to represent their country.
Who can apply:
- Female, between the ages of 18-23 (at the time of Summit); who:
- Lives in and holds citizenship in a G20 member country, Afghanistan, Pakistan, the African or European Unions, or the Middle east and North Africa (MENA region) ;
- Is proficient in the English language for all verbal and written communications;
- Has or can obtain a valid passport and visa for travel no later than April 31, 2016
- Has an interest in the economic advancement of girls and women;
- Will commit to launching a post-Summit initiative/project in her own community;
- Has parental or guardian permission to travel to China and to fully participate in the summit for the duration of the Summit (This may require absence from school); and,
- Will provide consent to appear in any and all media.
For more information and application procedures, click here