Tandem Shaml 2016-17
Deadline: June 20, 2016
About the program:
Tandem is an international exchange programme for cultural managers. Since its inception in 2011, Tandem has supported long-term collaborations, knowledge development and networking opportunities for more than 250 cultural managers from over 100 cities in 35 countries across the wider Europe. There are currently five Tandem editions which focus on different regions and topics.
Tandem Shaml allows cultural professionals from many different disciplines to acquire skills required for engaging in long-term partnerships. The Tandem process provides hands-on possibilities for getting real insights into European and Arab cultural scenes. Participants gain practical experience by collaborating within rapidly changing fields in both regions.
Who can Apply:
- Be based in the Arab region OR in a European country
- Be an independent cultural NGO, a non-hierarchical and open-minded public institution or a civil society initiative which is well rooted in a local community and has an established professional network
- Have the (organisational and financial) capacity, ambition and experience to engage in a one year intensive international programme
- Commit to providing sufficient working time of one cultural manager
What does the programme look like?
- 5-day Partner Forum in in Amman (14 – 18 September 2016)
- 5-day Kick-Off Meeting incl. learning workshops in Marseille (December 2016)
- mutual 12-day working visits (placements) (January – September 2017)
- 5-day Interim Meeting in the Arab Region (May 2017)
- 5-day Final Meeting in Europe (September 2017)
What does Tandem Shaml offer?
- 12-day working placement at the Tandem partner organisation
- 4 international meetings with moderated peer to peer learning sessions and input by experienced trainers
- ongoing expert advice for the development of the cross-border collaborations and the artistic and cultural co-productions
- start-up funding of EUR 5,000 for a Tandem pilot project as well as reimbursement of travel and living expenses during the 4Tandem meetings and during the placements
- becoming part of the Tandem network of more than 250 cultural managers coming from ca. 35 countries in wider Europe
For more information, visit the offcial website