DAFI and HOPES Scholarships
Deadline: 25 July 2016
About the Scholarship:
The United Nations Higher Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and the Higher and further Education Opportunities and Perspectives for Syrians (HOPES) are proud to announce their joint call for applications for 210 DAFI scholarships for Bachelor degrees and 14 HOPES scholarships for Master degrees. DAFI scholarships are funded by the German Government and the Said Foundation and administered by UNHCR with support from the Jubilee Center for Excellence in Education (JCEE), while HOPES scholarships are funded by the EU, and administered by DAAD. The scholarships cover all tuition fees, and comprises standard allowances for living, transportation and book purchase to be managed by the student. The scholarship will be extended on an annual basis.
Who can apply:
- Registered with UNHCR
- Syrian nationality
- Age of 28 or younger for Bachelor degrees/ and age 30 or younger for Master degrees
- High academic performance
- You have original or certified academic certificates
- You are currently not a beneficiary of any other academic scholarship
- You do not have the financial means to complete your higher education without a scholarship
- None of your family members are currently benefitting from a DAFI or HOPES scholarship
- Strong motivation to contribute to your community
Proficiency in English is an additional requirement since Jordanian Universities teach some courses in English.
If you meet all these criteria and have previously applied for the DAFI scholarship but were not selected due to the limited number of available scholarships, you are strongly encouraged to re-apply again this year.
Application documents :
- Application form in English version! (the form is available electronically and free of charge Here and in hard-copy in the following locations:
- UNHCR urban offices in: (Amman Khalda office, Mafraq office and Irbid office)
- Zataari Camp: International Relief & Development (IRD) centres inside the camp
- Azraq camp: Community Centers (CARE), Youth Center (NRC).
- Cyber City, King Abdullah Park with UNHCR focal person.
- Jubilee Center for Excellence in Education (JCEE): JCEE focal point
- Copy of UNHCR Asylum seeker Certificate or proof of registration with UNHCR
- Copy of Original academic certificates or official transcript of prior education (originals will have to be shown to the DAFI selection committee during the interview if the student is shortlisted).
After you fill the application kindly submit the application and the requested documents either (a.) electronically to the following email address: JORAMDAFI@unhcr.org or (b.) back to any of the same locations above.
- We expressly encourage qualified female candidates and refugees with special needs to apply.
- Applying to DAFI scholarship is a free of charge process entirely.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
- Interviews will be held in August at UNHCR offices in Khalda, Irbid, Mafraq, Zaatari camp and Azraq camp.
For further inquires please call the UNHCR Info-Line or contact the focal point in your area, before the deadline for submitting applications.
Contacts/ focal points per location:
- Info-Line Telephone No.: 06 400 8000
- Mafraq governorate and Zataari camp:
Mr. Awad AL-SHIEKH, Phone number: 079131 56 39.
- Irbid, Jerash, Ajloun, and Ramtha Governorates, in addition to Cyber city and king Abdalaah park:
Mr. Ahmad KHADER, Phone number 0797207135.
- Azraq camp:
Mr. Ahmad ELAMLEH, Phone number 0790336983.
- Amman Khalda office: info line 06 400 8000
Ms. Ruba ABU YOUNES, Phone number: (+962) 0792992371
For more information, visit the website.