Young Scientists Programme
Deadline is December 10th, 2016
About the programme:
The Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction (SFDRR) calls for enhanced role of science and technology for evidence based decision-making. It also urges the need for innovation and partnership, which is linked to practise and diverse stakeholders. IRDR, with its mandate for integrated and trans-disciplinary research, would like to promote capacity building of young professionals, and encourage them to undertake innovative and needs based research which makes science-policy and science-practice linkages stronger.
Who can apply:
To be an IRDR Young Scientist, following are the necessary criteria:
- Age: Less than 40 years on the date of application
- Nationality: There is no bar on nationality
- Affiliation: The candidate needs to be affiliated with an academic program (either master or doctorate) either as a student or as a young faculty.
- Research subject: The subject of research needs to be related to disaster risk reduction and its link to broader environment and development issues.
- Endorsement: must be endorsed by academic supervisor (for student) or head of the department /graduate school (for the young faculties).
- Duration: Minimum 1 year, and maximum 3 years. The applicant can make their choice, and the final decision will be made by IRDR.
Once selected, as fellow can be an “IRDR Young Scientist” for a period of maximum three years. The fellow will receive the following benefits:
- Link to IRDR network of professionals and practitioners
- Access to IRDR Scientific Committee (SC) for academic support / advice
- Participation in IRDR related training programs (there would be a different selection process for each of the training program)
- A certificate for IRDR Young Scientist upon successful completion
There will be a selection process based on the eligibility criteria, and once finally selected by IRDR, the applicant would get a notification. The call for application is twice per year.
The applicants should submit the following materials:
- Application Form( Young Scientists Programme Application Form)
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Detailed Research Plan (10 pages Maximum)
- Recommendation/Endorsement Letter from the Supervisor
- Copy of Student/Faculty ID Card
Applications should be sent to email@example.com
For more details, visit the official website.